Free Software in PoliticsOne of FSCONS' tracks
Your government doing advertisement for non-free software. Public administrations buying non-free software without a public tender. Children in school who just learn to use proprietary software. Since 2001 Free Software Foundation Europe is working for Free Software in the political sphere. This track will offer an insight into present practices in the public administration throughout the world, potentials risks for the Free Software community, and what each one of us can do to increase software freedom.
Who's there ?
Bjarni Rúnar Einarsson
- Daniel Melin
What's there ?
- Sat 10:00 - 10:45 Talk: The water in which we swim - Policy issues around Free Software
- Sat 11:00 - 11:45 Talk: Non-free software advertisement presented by your government
- Sat 12:00 - 12:45 Talk: Free Software in the Swedish public sector
- Sat 15:15 - 16:00 Talk: "Use the edge, strong man!" - Free Software in the European Parliament
- Sat 16:15 - 17:00 Talk: Catch them early - Free Software in education
- Sat 17:15 - 18:00 Talk: Workshop: Hands-on decentralization with PageKite