Human Rights and Digital FreedomsOne of FSCONS' tracks
Freedom of expression, freedom of association and privacy are all important aspects of a modern society, yet in an increasingly connected world these freedoms have been questioned and sometimes severely inhibited in times of conflict. In this track, we'll cover these freedoms from a number of different angles: looking at human rights in Arab countries as well as in Latin America. We'll talk about Wikileaks and it's relation with media, the drafting of modern constitutions, the debate on privacy and more practically: the last stand in the fight for end-to-end encryption of private communication on the Internet.
Who's there ?
- Eleanor Saitta
- Geraldine Juárez
Karin Kosina vka kyrah
- Werner Koch
What's there ?
- Sun 10:00 - 10:45 Talk: WikiLeaks, Whistleblowing and the Mainstream Audience
- Sun 11:00 - 11:45 Talk: Internet and Civil Rights In LATAM: the Whole Enchilada under attack
- Sun 12:00 - 12:45 Talk: The revolution will not be televised! (But will it be on YouTube?)
- Sun 15:15 - 16:00 Talk: STEED - Saddle up for instant encryption
- Sun 16:15 - 17:00 Talk: Adventures in Participatory Nation-Building
- Sun 17:15 - 18:00 Talk: Off the grid: Is anonymity possible?