Talk: Free ICT to Deprived Communities in AfricaDecentralising Society
by Musah Umar
The talk will focus on bringing ICT to the door steps of the many poor rural folks. It will focus on tested ways of making it free as acquisition and access has become the bain of millions within the africa region.
I will tap into how we are experimenting with hosted systems that can take mulitple users at no cost to them.
The core of the talk is on creativity tailored at the social good of many who otherwise would have been left without any opportunity to make good use of expensive applications and systems which can help solve their immediate problems.
Such include mobile apps for farmers, information on weather forecast, transportation, fertiliser stores and farm machinery hiring services.
- 12:00 - 12:45 Talk: Active internet politics in Denmark (and beyond)
- 12:00 - 12:45 Talk: Give me an hour
- 12:00 - 12:45 Talk: Freedom Box
Next (up to 3) talks in the same room (Room 2):
- 15:15 - 16:00 Talk: Glocalization of Continuing Education: Combining P2PU and Folkbildning
- 16:15 - 17:00 Talk: Failure Modes of the Modern Rational Utopia
- 17:15 - 18:00 Talk: Can society be distributed like a computer network?
Events that start after this one (within 30 minutes):
- 12:45 - 14:00 Other: Sunday's lunch