Talk: Freedom Box
- Sunday 11th of November, 2012
- Room 1
The FreedomBox is a project to help non-geeks care about their personal privacy when online, same ways as geeks have practiced for more than a decade.
The project is exciting in that is frames a common dream among lots of hackers and therefore sparks new innovation and renewed commitment.
The goal is frustrating to tackle, because us hackers most often solve problems close to ourselves (a.k.a. is driven by "an itch to scratch"), and only very few of us are interface designers, which are crucially needed to make things usable for non-geeks.
Online slides (+ blog entry about talk): http://dr.jones.dk/fb/fscons/
- 12:00 - 12:45 Talk: Active internet politics in Denmark (and beyond)
- 12:00 - 12:45 Talk: Free ICT to Deprived Communities in Africa
- 12:00 - 12:45 Talk: Give me an hour
Next (up to 3) talks in the same room (Room 1):
- 14:00 - 15:00 Keynote: Generous Innovation
- 18:15 - 19:00 Lightning talks: Lightning talks, session 2
Events that start after this one (within 30 minutes):
- 12:45 - 14:00 Other: Sunday's lunch