Talk: Introduction to development for the others
- Saturday 10th of November, 2012
- Room 3
ABOUT THE TALK AND WORKSHOP
As a visitor to FSCONS I realised that all guests are not developers or know how to program. But many guests have an interest in, and would benefit from, knowing about coding. This is an introduction to programming visiting the core building blocks of many languages. The goal is for you to be able to follow the flow of a program. Concepts I will explain include sequence, selection, iteration, method. You will also receive good tips on where to continue from this introduction.
In the workshop we also will be writing some code.
This talk will also be given as a workshop
- 12:00 - 12:45 Talk: Using multiple cores in a high-level language
- 12:00 - 12:45 Talk: Journey To The End Of The Night – Organizing Distributed Street Games
- 12:00 - 12:45 Talk: All watched over by machines of loving grace?
Next (up to 3) talks in the same room (Room 3):
- 15:15 - 16:00 Talk: Free Software Feminism – Strategy Implementation, part 2
- 16:15 - 17:00 Talk: Station X - encouraging women to get involved in our hackerspace
- 17:15 - 18:00 Talk: Meritocracy – next generation, part 2
Events that start after this one (within 30 minutes):
- 12:45 - 14:00 Other: Saturday's lunch