Universal Design — Aiming for AccessibilityOne of FSCONS' tracks
This track is about technology and accessibility. Technology in itself should be accessible, but it can also be used in order to bridge difficulties and increase accessibility. Many times, what started as an adoption or aide for people with some disability, lead to the design of something that many people found very convenient or useful. Examples of this are single lever faucets, TV remote controls, automatic door openers, audio books and many other common objects. We'll discuss both aspects in this track, and demo some great applications built with free software.
Who's there ?
- Ester Ytterbrink
- Håkan Lidbo
- Magnus Frenning
- Maria Olsson
- Mats Lundälv
- Sandra Derbring
What's there ?
- Sun 10:00 - 10:45 Talk: With a license to live — FOSS for crips
- Sun 11:00 - 11:45 Talk: Subtext to Speech
- Sun 12:00 - 12:45 Talk: Panel discussion - Accessibility and Technology
- Sun 15:15 - 16:00 Talk: Open Accessibility Everywhere – Presenting the AEGIS Project
- Sun 16:15 - 17:00 Talk: Events for all - A guide for making events accessible
- Sun 17:15 - 18:00 Talk: Invisi-ball - A ball game for visually impaired.